Saturday, January 5, 2013

Resolutions for a Better Year

Resolutions are meant to be broken. Here's a new set for 2013.

Movie inspiration: The Perks of Being a Wallflower Resolution: Spend more time with friends Level of difficulty: Going out with homies on a regular basis will require a steady flow of cash. Public parks are not an option.

Movie inspiration: Cloud Atlas Resolution: Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. Level of difficulty: It's no fun going to the loo every 15 minutes.

Movie inspiration: Cosmopolis Resolution: Come up with a decent haircut. Level of difficulty: High. I've never had a decent haircut.

Movie inspiration: Killing Them Softly Resolution: Be more assertive. Level of difficulty: Achievable, but it's like asking a cat to take a shower.

Movie inspiration: Les Misérables Resolution: Be proactive. Start by reading the newspaper. Level of difficulty: I've never been political.

Movie inspiration: Looper Resolution: Finish at least four books every month. Level of difficulty: I love reading, but it easily wears me out.

Movie inspiration: Moonrise Kingdom Resolution: Follow instructions. Level of difficulty: When the door says "pull," I push; when it says "push," I pull.

Movie inspiration: Seven Psychopaths Resolution: Learn to hug people. Level of difficulty: It depends on who I'm supposed to hug.

Movie inspiration: Skyfall Resolution: Fight back. Don't be a doormat. Level of difficulty: I'll start by beefing up. Watch out, you.

Movie inspiration: The Master Resolution: Eye cream won't do. Get enough rest/sleep. Level of difficulty: Impossible.